Just like women, men also need to take good care of their hair. Here are some of the best hair care for men tips you should know.
1. Don’t Wash Your Hair Excessively – Most men usually wash their hair quite often. You should limit the frequency to about 2 or 3 times every week. Make sure you condition your hair when you wash it. That way, your hair maintains the health and avoid removing the essential oils from your scalp through washing.
2. Avoid Rubbing Your Hair When Drying It – When it comes to drying your hair, avoid rubbing it but you should do it gently. When your hair is wet, it’s very vulnerable to damage because it is weaker. Rubbing it causes excessive breakage. Rather, you should pat it until it dries up to avoid stressing your scalp.
3. Don’t Do Comb-Overs – As much as you hate your hair thinning, never settle for comb-overs. Rather, you should choose a haircut that suits the hair thinning look. It’s stylish and will keep women interested in you rather than running away.
4. Egg Conditioner – An egg has a lot of essential minerals and proteins that your hair needs to grow. You need to make your hair healthy by using egg yolk regularly as a conditioner. Allow the egg yolk to penetrate very deeply into the scalp to improve the strength of the follicles.
5. Protect Your Hair From Chlorine – If you love swimming, you should know that the chlorine often found in pools can be dangerous for your scalp. That’s because it makes your hair dry and brittle. If you want to protect your hair from chlorine, you should apply some water on it and use a mild conditioner before stepping into the pool. Also, you can wear a swimming cap to avoid all these negative effects.
6. Use Less Products On Your Hair – If you use too much hair products such as hair gel, hair spray or hair wax, your hair will look and feel unnatural. Actually, it might appear too heavy and that’s not the right thing. Therefore, use very little of these products when styling your hair to avoid any effects.
7. Take Advantage Of Clarifying Shampoo – Over time, any of the products you use on your hair can cause a build-up making your hair look dull and lifeless. If that happens, you can take advantage of clarifying shampoo to get rid of the buildup. That way, your hair can remain shiny and full of life. If possible, use white vinegar to rinse your hair thus maintaining the PH level.
8. Use Less Heat On Your Hair – You need to stop exposing your hair to too much heat. When drying your hair, let it dry naturally or pat it dry with a towel. Don’t use hair dryers. If you avoid too much heat, your hair will stop becoming frizzy. Of course, if you must use a hair dryer, make sure it has a low heat setting.
In conclusion, taking care of your hair is important if you want a healthy sheen! Use these tips for hair care for men for the best results.